For a summer breakfast treat, play Jack Johnson’s Banana Pancakes and whip up these very simple, paleo-friendly pancakes. They are adorably small and snack-able, but satisfying and delicious.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Dash Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Coconut oil (for the fry pan)
- Mash the ripe bananas
- Add the eggs and spices to the banana mash mix well
- Add 1 tsp of coconut oil to a skillet and heat up to medium-high heat (cast iron works well for even heat distribution)
- Drop dollar size amounts of batter on the pan. When the pancakes are slightly dry on the edges and bubbly in the middle, they are ready to flip.
- Add more oil as needed between batches of pancakes
- Serve with fresh peaches, berries, or almond butter and maple syrup
Makes 24 dollar pancakes, 23 calories each
(Fat 0.9g, Carb 2.4g, Protein 0.9g)