When pumpkin lattes are released early each fall, I am the girl who is standing in the front of the line at the coffee shop. I love them! But they do have a fair amount of sugar, processed ingredients, and (surprise!) gluten. Yikes! As necessity–or desperation–is the mother of invention, I had some trial and errors in my kitchen until I created a pumpkin coffee creamer that is delicious, satisfying, and made with solid, gluten-free ingredients.
- 32 oz Vanilla Almond Milk, Unsweetened
- 32 oz Coconut Milk, Unsweetened
- 7.5 oz (1/2 can) Pumpkin Puree
- 3/4 cup Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup Mulling Spices in Satchel (or 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
1. Combine ingredients in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Stir periodically, allowing ingredients to simmer for 45 – 60 minutes.
3. Remove spice satchel, and pour the liquid through a mesh strainer to catch the pulp.
4. Pour the strained liquid into a glass jar and store in your refrigerator.
5. Serve a healthy portion with coffee (I add 1/4 cup of the milk for a 16 oz cup of coffee). Shake well before each use as the pumpkin may to settle.
Makes 2 quarts, or 32 servings of 1/4 cup, 35 calories per serving.