From book clubs to movie nights to prayer groups, I love inviting people to come into my home, drink wine and be together. While there is something profoundly delicious about the standard “chips and salsa” fare for such occassions, I have added a few additional dips and and dippers to add color and diversity. This is not so much “cooking” as it is an idea for a quick way to create a vibrant, colorful spread for a party.
- Tortilla Chips (look for the 3 – 5 ingredient chips: corn, oil, salt, touch of lime)
- Mini Bell Peppers, halved with the tops cut off
- Jiama, skinned and cut into flat strips, spritzed with fresh lime and chili powder
- Guacamole (fresh avocados, garlic, salt and pepper, and some fresh salsa)
- Fresh Salsa
- Cowboy Caviar (available pre-made at Trader Joe’s or Costco; bell peppers, black beans, and corn)