For some reason, the combination of peanut butter and chocolate is just magical. This recipe uses Vanilla yogurt as the sweet, creamy base for a peanut butter mousse. It works deliciously well with apples as a dipping sauce. Or, for a more decadent desert, I do a scoop of mousse with a small scoop of French Silk ice cream for a peanut butter chocolate pie flavor.
- 16 oz nonfat Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (no sugar or oil added)
- 2 oz dark chocolate (72% cocoa)
- Whisk yogurt and peanut butter together until well blended and whipped.
- Break chocolate into small pieces and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Melt in 15 second intervals until the chocolate is smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over the cold peanut butter yogurt mixture. Wait 10 – 15 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Break the hardened chocolate with the whisk to break into smaller bites.
- Serve with finely chopped apple slivers or with a small scoop of ice cream.
Makes 8 servings of 1/4 cup each, 155 calories per serving.