Vanilla Spice Almond Milk
When a certain well-known coffee shop recently came out with the delicious Vanilla Spice latte, I was enthralled! The simplicity of a warm vanilla latte mixed with the spicy cardamom was absolutely delicious. After indulging in this sugary treat one too many times, I decided it was time to see if I could recreate my own version with raw ingredients and less processed sugar. And now I cannot get through my morning without it.
- 1/2 Gallon of Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk (or Coconut Milk works too)
- 1 tsp Cardamom seeds
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in large sauce pan over low-medium heat.
3. Pour the liquid through a mesh strainer to catch the cardamom seeds.
4. Pour the strained liquid into a glass jar and store in your refrigerator.
5. Serve a healthy portion with coffee (I add 1/2 cup of the milk for a 16 oz cup of coffee). Due to the chemistry of the almond milk and the coffee, curdling does occur sometimes, but the texture and taste should be unhindered.
Makes 8 cups, 60 calories per cup (or 30 calories per 1/2 cup serving)